Lymph Info Trust is offering to support a therapist to train as a lymphoedema therapist in 2023.
This training programme is designed to increase the number of lymphoedema trained therapists in remote or under-serviced communities of NZ.
This funding will cover:
- Place on either the ALERT Programme or Dr Vodder Method of Combined Decongestive Therapy. (Fees valued at approx. $4000)
(In 2023, this will be the ALERT Programme)
- Stipend of up to $2000 for travel and accommodation
The funding recipient will be responsible for
- Textbooks and required materials
- Additional travel costs not met by the stipend.
Maximum Funding value $6000.
Eligibility includes but is not limited to;
- Persons working in communities that do not have access to lymphoedema services, within 30km
- Minimum Level 6 Massage Qualification (For Vodder Course)
- Allied Health Level 7 qualification (ALERT)
- Be eligible for Australasian Lymphology Association Accredited Lymphoedema Practitioner Program
- Persons who can demonstrate a need for lymphoedema services in their area
Terms and Conditions
- Must remain in the specified community for 2 years, or transfer to another under resourced community may be acceptable.
- Must undertake public education/awareness events - min 1 per year, with Trust support.
- Must provide a written report to the Trust within 6 weeks of course completion
Failure to meet these Terms and Conditions may result in the need to repay the Lymph Info Trust in full.
ALERT Training course comprises of e-learning units and face to face practical learning and assessment 15-18 May 2023 in Auckland.
Applications will close on 30th November 2022 and the funding recipient will be announced on or before 15th December 2022.
Who can apply?
Allied Health Professionals with a minimum level 7 qualification.
- Occupational therapist
- Radiation therapist
- Māori and Pasifika Health Providers