Lymph Info Trust is offering to support a therapist to train as a lymphoedema therapist in 2024.
This training programme is designed to increase the number of lymphoedema trained therapists in remote or under-serviced communities of NZ. Applicants from Pasifika nations will also be considered.
This funding will cover:
- Place on either the ALERT Programme or Dr Vodder Method of Combined Decongestive Therapy. (Fees valued at approx. $7500)
- Dates TBC
- Stipend of up to $2000 for travel and accommodation
Maximum Funding value $9000
The funding recipient will be responsible for
- Textbooks and required materials
- Additional travel costs not met by the stipend.
Eligibility includes but is not limited to;
- Persons working in communities that do not have access to lymphoedema services, within 30km
- Minimum Level 6 Massage Qualification (For Vodder Course)
- Allied Health Level 7 qualification (ALERT)
- Be eligible for Australasian Lymphology Association Accredited Lymphoedema Practitioner Program
- Persons who can demonstrate a need for lymphoedema services in their area
Terms and Conditions
- Must remain in the specified community for 2 years, or transfer to another under resourced community may be acceptable.
- Must undertake public education/awareness events - min 1 per year, with Trust support.
- Must provide a written report to the Trust within 6 weeks of course completion
Failure to meet these Terms and Conditions may result in the need to repay the Lymph Info Trust in full.
Applications will close on 30th November 2023 and the funding recipient will be announced on or before 30 January 2024.
Who can apply?
Allied Health Professionals with a minimum level 7 qualification.
- Remedial Massage Therapist (minimum level 6 qualification)
- Occupational therapist
- Radiation therapist
- Māori and Pasifika Health Providers
How to apply
Complete the e-form below. Your cover letter should include
- A brief description of the community you will serve.
- What is the need for lymphoedema services in your community
- How you have determined this
- How will the training fill a local community need?
- Why are you interested in training as a lymphoedema therapist?
- What qualities/previous experience will you bring to the role?
- Who are your target consumer groups?
- Where will you source your referrals?
- Will this be a career change for you, or will you be able to integrate this in to your current practice?
- 5 year career plan